Saturday, November 30, 2013

Simple Winter Stuff

Did you shop til you dropped this weekend? Actually, I didn't feel at all like braving crowds. We've had a pretty lazy weekend, my husband has found time to do a couple of maintenance projects, but mostly, we've just enjoyed the holiday. We had all our kids and the grandkids together, as well as my parents. Just making memories, eating, talking, laughing- we even put a puzzle together! I'm thinking I need to stock up on puzzles this winter.
My shopping is going to be minimal this season. I have had years where I went overboard, but this time, I want to keep it very simple. The part I am really looking forward to, is the simple things. We are planning an evening Christmas song-athon at the little church down the road. Inviting friends to potluck, to bring their instruments and voices, and have a good old-fashioned time.
For years, I've wanted to host "Game Nights" in the winter. Doing these kinds of things, our kids and grandkids love, as much as all of the grown-ups. This IS going to happen this winter!
And another activity I enjoy with my mom, sister, nieces, daughters and granddaughters, is "Craft Night". We haven't done this in a long time, but basically, getting together to work on whatever art or craft project we each have, and doing it together. We don't always get a lot done, but we have a lot of fun!
These are the kinds of things I'm wanting to do! And they don't cost much, you have to eat dinner anyway, so why not just share?
I'm sure that sometime REALLY close to Christmas Eve, I'll manage a panic Christmas shopping trip, searching for that elusive, just right gift, but, unless an idea comes to me, I'm not going to let it stress me out any earlier!
Enjoy your friends and family, and have some good times this season!


1 comment:

Annette said...

It all sounds so wonderful. I hope you get to do all the things you want, simply and happily.
Happy getting ready for the holidays!!