Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's Holiday Time!! Time to Bake Finnish Cardamom Bread


Thanksgiving and Christmas! My favorite holidays. My kids have been listening to Christmas music since the end of September. I, of course didn't mind. It was neat seeing them getting excited for the season; they weren't talking presents, they were singing traditional Christmas music, about Jesus. So, we've been celebrating a little all along.

This is a busy season for me, too! It's "bazaar" season, although I really don't like that word. Cardamom bread is my big draw. I can't believe how much cardamom bread some people buy from me. But, at $5. a loaf, it makes a great gift. For the longest time, I thought some of my customers just ate a lot of bread LOL! BUT, I love selling my bread. By the time Christmas is over, I'm a little tired, but it's a good extra income thing. I have a home bakery license, so that opens up more opportunities for me.

No comments: