Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Breaking Up is Hard to Do....




LOL, bet you think my husband and I split, right?? Wrong!! Never!! I just love music and since I'm a spacey kind of person, I often match up what's in my head to a title of a song. Could be kinda scary with the variety of songs there are!
Well, when I say "breaking up", I'm talking about a couple things. A lot of people I blog with are kinda junky. We love junk, we hunt for junk, we find great junk, and we sell great junk, right? But....I know I'm not the only one who finds something that was SUPPOSED to be resale and it comes in the house, and it likes it there, and it doesn't want to leave. I do that way too often! I've got stuff I've been going to list on Etsy, and we all know internet listing takes time, and things just pile up. It's just hard some times to break up with our junk!!
I went to a sale last weekend, didn't find anything to buy, of course I got there late, because I was actually at a neighborhood one finding some great things. Can't be everywhere at the same time. Besides, my daughter and I dropped hers and my young children off at Vacation Bible School, we rushed across the ferry to Puget Island's neighborhood sale, rushed around as fast as we could to as many sales as we could hit and still get back to catch the ferry to pick the kids up by noon. Fun day. Well, the last sale, after picking up the kids, where I "thought" I didn't see anything I needed, I actually did. I found a whole box full of old patterns!! What a blast I had looking through all of those. I was actually thinking "I'm keeping this one, and this one, and this one....." , but NO I can't keep doing that. We have to break up, and I just decided to list them on Etsy all in one listing. We'll see how that works. Some are in rough condition, others in nice condition. There are some really cute ones that my granddaughter would grow into.....
The other thing I was thinking about "breaking up", was saying how much I hate to say "goodbye". I was looking at my blog favorites list, and then my following list, and it keeps getting bigger. But you know, I find a blog I love, and can't seem to tear myself away and click the but X in the upper right hand corner, never to see these people again lol. So, I'm really glad they have the "follow" button! I don't have to say goodbye!!
I have a young son who is just like that. Kinda gets emotional if you throw something away. He just gets attached easily. He'll be the romantic. His dad's that way too. Problem is, it makes for a pack rat personality. You hoard friends, you hoard stuff, you hoard memories. He hoards parts! He took my old dryer apart and has a box filled with switches and stuff he's planning to use to make a space ship! Hmmm. Maybe his spaceship will run better than my dryer did.

5 comments:

Kindred Roses said...

Hi Karen, If you would like to email me at Julie.kindredroses@yahoo.com I can give you the phone number of Peggy or Lisa from the JBUGS. They can give you all the details. They will also be vendors at our upcoming Kindred Roses Flea Market in Camas, WA on August 1st. That would be a great time to come check out their goods.
Blessing Julie, Kindred Roses

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Hey there! Just checking in........


P.S. My blog name has changed, but if you pay me a visit, I hope you will remember me and add me to your blog list again.
Thanks!

The Gathering Room said...

Hi Karen...thanks for visiting my blog ...so much fun going through yours...we are definitly kindred spirits! Cindy Il.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I know what you mean about breaking up being hard to do! I sometimes have a hard time breaking the plates I buy for my mosaics!

Maison Douce said...

I know exactly how that feels, Karen, I have the hardest time breaking up with the treasures I find!!! No wonder I;m such a hoarder!!!
Isabel