Saturday, July 11, 2009

Grandma's House is for sale


If anyone is in need of relocating to the Pacific NW, the family is in the process of selling a few pieces of property of my husband's parents. I don't have pictures right now of the 775 acre farm in Heppner, OR right now, but thought I'd share the link to the one along the Columbia River.

This home is in a gated community, it is right on the Columbia River waterfront, with a beautiful view of Mt. St. Helens. It is about 45 minutes from the coast, and 1 1/2 hours from Portland. The pictures don't show it, but it has another small cottage/guest house annexed to it that has it's own bathroom and partial kitchen.

The house is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, has huge storage room in the back (not shown). Private dock for boating or fishing. Good fishing, too! It's directly across the river from Puget Island.

The nearest town has only 1800 population, so it is a pretty laid-back community if you are wanting to get out of the big city.

3 comments:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Oh my! What a beautiful place to live and a wonderful house to go with it. It looks and sounds just wonderful.

Karen said...

Thanks Carolyn, it is nice. Right now the kids are in the process of selling 3 different properties, one being a huge farm in Eastern Oregon. Hopefully they'll be sold soon.

Florence said...

What a nice place. Karen the Barn House flea market is next weekend, I regret that I will not be able to go because I am going with my friend to The Lavender Festival in Squiem Washington that weekend. Hope you get to go.