Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's nice & hot outside, why am I in the house???


Yikes, I started an avalanche!! OK, I really needed to till some more in the garden, and the kids really needed to get the wood stacked that dad cut last night. But, since it was getting hotter out by the time we were done with regular daily stuff, I had the bright idea that we would attack those bedrooms. OOOOHHHH, what a mess! Randy said he was going to go through a bunch of the boys' (I have 9 yo twin boys) treasures. I mean, they have that shriveled rattlesnake skin as a decoration on their wall, yep, all boy. One of my boys is like my oldest son, he loves to take apart anything he can get his hands on. So, he has.....switches and wires from my dryer we were getting rid of.....and screws he found that he'd thought he'd need (actually all my "boys" are like this, since daddy is a carpenter). He is saving all this stuff, because he is planning to build a spaceship with it. It's a good thing we live in the country, people would really wonder about us ! They have those kinds of lego sets with a million pieces, mixed with other stuff, I don't know, I've lost track. My twins love to draw and create stuff.....especially the one that doesn't have all the wires, switches, and other treasures. He has tons of "creations". OK, I have a hard time throwing those out, but you have to draw a line somewhere. I did let him help me draw the line.
I just don't know where they get it LOL. What packrats!! I always use the excuse with myself, that a lot of it is and "investment" :-) But Randy, now he is a collector at heart. It doesn't matter if it is 1st Edition Henty books from England (been there, done that), or Disney toys he wants to get for Chantel, he has this thing about complete sets. I don't. It doesn't bother me if I don't have a whole set of anything. Which saves him a ton of money. I mean, I can find one plate, and cherish it, I don't have to have the whole entire set.
Well, I'm pretty tired of looking at my boys' bedroom about now, although we have most of it done. I have a stack of books, some are tempting me to put on Etsy, b/c I know they are something altered artists use, but....I'll wait and see what he says. They may be from a collection, like the Heloise something or others art work in the little Golden books, however I love those, too!
Well, we're now taking a break, and we're going swimming!

No comments: