Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Loving this Weather!!



The weather here in Oregon has been totally amazing!! It almost felt like summer yesterday; I did a little weedeating and gosh, it got really hot under those goggles, earmuffs, sweats, etc. It was one of those days when you just COULDN'T stay inside! I wish it wasn't wishful thinking to want it to stay like this, but, I need to be grateful for each day the Lord sends, right?
I'm getting really excited for the Vintage Gathering, and have been gathering my own things up. Also working on a few projects, etc, but mostly my thoughts are on the planning. Lots and lots to do and time flies quickly. I'm excited to see what kinds of things Natalie aka The Vintage Sparrow, brings us, as well as Lori, Linda, and a few others who I can't show you b/c they don't have blogs. Suffice it to say, I think it's going to be a lot of fun working with everyone on this. I can't wait to see the church lit up with lights, Christmas trees, greens along the windows, etc. It will be a very festive affair!
I love this time of year and all the business it brings. I know that by the end of December I will probably say, like always, "I don't want to look at another loaf of cardamom bread", but for now, I am very anxious for the season to come. Speaking of cardamom bread, I was thinking the other day of how many people I've come to know selling my bread. Some have been very old ladies who used to bake the bread themselves but no long have the energy. Some are not even still alive, who I used to look forward to seeing at the sales. I miss those sweet ladies!
Well, I didn't take the gorgeous sunset photo like I should have and I can't stand not having a picture, so enjoy this one!! I got her from a cd I bought a few years ago, from a friend, Kathy, I believe????

5 comments:

Sparrow said...

I LOVE the photo! That was the first thing I saw when I came to the blog. The weather has been SO nice!!! I have been outside with the kids. I am crackin down now for vintage gatherings!

Natalie

Karen said...

I know what you mean! It's like you frantically rush to enjoy something, wishing you could bask in the day, knowing that....it's going to rain tomorrow LOL. Natalie, you've GOT to post photos of your charms, you could sell them right off your blog! Or, open that Etsy shop up!

Kristin said...

Thanks for the comment mom, love you too.

Debbie Busby said...

The Vintage Gathering sounds so fun!! Sounds like you play a huge part in getting it together?? I would love to try and come! If I am able I will try and look you up!! It would be fun to meet!!

Karen said...

Debbie, You should come, I'd love to meet you! This is our first Vintage Gathering, for awhile my daughter and I had a little shop in my dad's old schoolhouse, The Old Quincy Schoolhouse. That's where we got to know Natalie b/c she had her stuff in there. She'll be at this sale, too!