Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Some fun things I've recently found









I know I posted once today, but I thought I'd show you some neat stuff I found lately at sales.

I keep looking for stuff to do collage charms that Natalie showed Chantel and I how to make. Natalie, my room is getting stacked with too many
books, photos, etc LOL. This is addictive! I was with my mom the other day at an estate sale and she asked "what are you looking at?"
"Well, someone's junk drawer....." was my reply. I'm positive that mom does NOT understand me at times. It's so interesting thing what you find in people's junk drawers!




Now, this old tryke would defintely not be found in a junk drawer, but I sure thought it was cute. It reminds me of the one I had. I would ride around on it, holding a straw between my fingers, pretending it was a cigarette, very prissy-like. Where did I get that from? My parents didn't smoke! I think, looking back, it was from movies. The movies from the late 50s and 60s seemed to glamorize smoking a lot, and I guess I thought that would be cool. Glad I didn't continue that habit!






I found these suitcases at the same sale. It felt funny carrying them up to the table all together. I just told the lady "I'm leaving home!".

I don't decorate with Santa really for Christmas, although I do have a beloved little collection of Napco figurines from the 1950s.

I thought these were really special photos though. Don't they look like a more European realistic Santa?? I didn't get a great photo of them, so I hope you can imagine how cute they are beyond my photography skills!

7 comments:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Oh, I love your finds! And I would have definately bought that little trike! Too cute! I also collect children's Christmas books, and if they are vintage, even better!
Enjoy your new treasures!

Maison Douce said...

Thanks for stopping by...!! You baked some yummy treats for the the Bh boys? By the time I got there, most of the yummy food was gone, but we still stuffed our faces with whatever was left!! Hope to meet you someday...
Isabel

Karen said...

I hope we do meet one day soon! Yep, Joe and Jermonne were very kind to ask me to do some baking! Karen

Sparrow said...

you found great things! I love a good sale! I'm tellin' ya.... the charms can be addicting!
great finds

Debbie Busby said...

Karen....Love your treasures!! I love the old tryke!! We did the same thing.......but we had candy cigerettes....my parents did smoke and have both passed away from lung cancer!!! Glad I never smoked!! Thanks for stopping in on my blog!! I am new to this so nice to meet some friends!! Have a GREAT DAY!! debbie

Laurie said...

It looks like you've found some treasures. I love the silhoutte and am always picking up old books! I have been finding some great treasures lately too! Thanks for sharing... Laurie

Anonymous said...

I just adore vintage books. And well just about everything you have in this post. Just lovely photos.