Sunday, September 7, 2008

I love the Autumn-ey Smells


I like it when fall comes and the stores get the spicey smelling candles and air fresheners in. I dont' really like flowery scented candles, but I love spices and fruits. Yesterday, Chantel and I went to Bath and Body Works and got some yummy smelling scents. This week, we are scrubbing down the kitchen cupboards and walls, etc., although I'm not exactly finished with canning, but school starts next week, and I'm anxious to have it done before we get into starting school.
So, in anticipation of my nice clean cupboards, and yep, getting the stove and refrigerator out and cleaning under them, and taking the light fixture glass pieces off to wash, we got some wonderful smelling stuff. Like Caramel Pumpkin and Cinnamon and Clove Buds. Oh my gosh, my house smells so wonderful, I don't need to clean it...just kidding. On top of that, I got the cutest little jack'0-lantern dispenser with pumpkin scented handsoap in it for free, I just had to spend $10.!! Well, now I've got a cute little guy full of soap that my kids can go through like water.

5 comments:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

I washed my cupbaords a week ago, but they need a good degreasing. LOL. The light covers a gross, but I need help getting those down. Hopefully they will break when I do because I hate them. LOL.

Mary

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I too love fall smelling candles!! It is cooling down here in Vermont and trees are starting to turn and before we know it we will be apple and pumpkin picking!! Have a great day!~Wendy

Nicole said...

I love all the scents of fall too. I need to give my kitchen a good wash down also.

Barn House said...

Howdy Karen! One day, I might just sneak a little puppy in, but I know the HUGE responsibility and have to be careful what I wish for. Our lives have been so busy with Barn House that I can't imagine adding anything else on the plate right now. I really just like making Joe feel guilty every once in a while. LOL

FARMHOUSEFANCY said...

I love the fall candles i have one thats called carrot cake smells so good... thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog glad you stopped by please visit again.... Toni