Friday, September 19, 2008

I've got to find some time! I lost it and can't find it!




Sometimes I feel like I'm always behind, probably b/c I am! I know fall is hectic. Life is hectic. But I also know that God gives us all the time we actually NEED in a day, whether we use it right or not. I think I've been doing pretty well with priorities. We got a decent start on school, figuring out how much time this was going to take, what to expect, etc. Since we're using the dvd's it's a lot easier for me than recording our classes and burning dvds.
I picked up my gorgeous peaches this morning, for a pretty decent price, considering how high everything is lately. Those will be ready to can in a few days. I finished the pears today. I collected the salsa ingredients and will probably get a small bath done this weekend. My tomatoes are not ripening as fast as I need them too, but at least I've got some.
I am really wanting to get some time to work on my Etsy shop. I've got some dolls I want to put on there, made by a pattern from Sweet Meadows Farm. I just love the folky look of these dolls and I had a blast making them. I'm working on a hooked pumpkin-head shaker that I am really having fun with. I've got a LOT of vintage stuff I've collected that I need to get listed. AND we're having the cider-pressing party in a couple weeks to get ready for. It will all come together, it just takes time.
As I'm typing I have cardamom bread in the oven for a show tomorrow with Kristin, then we'll HURRY to Youth Group, where I will get to sit and visit with friends and pretend like I have all the time in the world. Actually, it is nice to get together with friends and SLOW down. It's important stuff! Here's a pic of my dollys.

4 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

Your folk dolls are so cute! I love their little mouths.

The Texas Woman

Debra said...

What cute dolls! You sure have been busy! It's so good of you to do baking! I have not baked in a very long time!

Anonymous said...

You have such an interesting blog. I enjoyed visiting.

Karen said...

Debra, I have to say, much of the baking I do, I sell; I have a licensed kitchen and have some special customers. Otherwise, I wouldn't bake as much.
Thanks so much for visiting!