Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shall We Gather at the River?



We had one of those important, life-moments this Sunday. Chantel got baptized in the Columbia River. What a beautiful day it turned out to be here, actually quite hot. Everyone but me ended up in the water afterward. She had been waiting to be baptised for awhile and it was so special to see her get baptised with no only the pastor, but her dad. One of those days that will always have a special significance to her. I'm pretty proud, too, I must say, of how she is doing with her walk with the Jesus. She's a great kid!
Looking at these photos, it's weird to think we're standing in Oregon, and Washington is what is on the other side!!

2 comments:

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

How wonderful to see her want to follow Jesus!! I was Blessed to do it with my husband and two children, it was such a special time!:0) Blessings!~Wendy

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Praise God! That is a very proud moment for sure!
Thank you fro visitng my blog and adding yourself to my following list! I will also add you to my blogroll so I can come abck and visit again!
Have a blessed weekend!