Friday, September 5, 2008

The Keys to The Wine Cellar???





In my travels along the garage sale/estate sale paths this summer, I came across these neat heavy old brass keys. I got them from a man who had a ton of gorgeous antiques, but I know nothing about them. He told me that they were keys to vineyard wine cellars, but how do I know that? I thought they were neat, though, and haven't decided to sell them or to group them on a wall. They are heavy brass and have a neat patina, neat coat of arms, too. I think they would be neat on a wall outside of a wine room. Maybe my husband should give one to the owner's of the house he's building. They have a wine room! While I'm at it, I may as well brag about my husband's work. He is a very skilled carpenter, of course I'm very proud of him and the houses he builds. We laugh b/c we actually don't live in a house like the ones he builds, but when he comes home after building these gorgeous houses, he says he likes our home best, because it is a home. Later, when I find his pics of the house he's building now, I'll put up some pics. I have to say, it's nice to be proud of my husband. It's nice that he's a good contractor and people speak highly of his work. I hear people talk about poor contractors and how they have problems with them, and I just thank the Lord that my husband has integrity in his dealing with his customers and with the actual craftsmanship. OK, I've bragged, you'd think I was his mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat keys! I vote that you keep them and hang them up on the wall in your house. I am jealous of your find.

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Those are really awesome keys. Who cares what they are to. LOL

Why not brag on your hubby. Of course you should be proud of him.

Mary