Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pink Sweets




How could February already be here? Do our lives just get so busy that it just whizzes if you don't reach out and slow it down, by enjoying every moment we can? I think that's the key, to enjoy what we have, while we have it, for as long as it's ours!


And now that February is here, I thought I'd share this cute page out of this darling book I have that is crammed with all kinds of fun kid projects, that could be taken a notch higher and turned into really fun projects. I didn't copy any of the projects yets, to share, but I did copy a page of yummy recipes for you. Actually, the jello one is one that I've made for years. If you have fresh strawberries, you can add them to it. Grandma used to actually make this with softened vanilla ice cream, which we called, you guessed it, "Ice Cream Jello!" Mmm, you'll like it. Hmmm, the Snow Cake sounds different. Do you use un-cooked egg whites in your home? I usually stay away from that idea, myself. I know I could never make that recipe for anything to sell. I have a licensed home bakery, and the USDA rules would definitely be against that one. But I don't know, I may try it for home. This book is from 1954, I'm sure people ate it and are still alive to tell about it. What about the Cranberry Punch?? I'm definitely going to make this for my kids!


4 comments:

Floss said...

What a lovely book! We do use uncooked eggwhites at home, but I admit I'm careful about who I serve them to when we have company and I don't take things like that to shared meals. But as you say, everyone who ate it back in the '50s survived!

Serenata said...

I've seen a book like that, can't remember where now, but it definitely rings some bells.

Anonymous said...

Love the book. What a great post...

Florence said...

What a great vintage recipe page you have shared. I know time is going way too fast. Hugs to you. Florence