Saturday, November 29, 2008

Greetings Cards Have Not Been Sent, but the Christmas Rush is Through LOL!

Whew, well we (Kristin and I) made it through the Vintage Gathering Sale; we held it over one day this weekend b/c it was supposed to be a busy day in Clatskanie..... Last week was wonderful as far as sales and attendance went, so we learned probably mostly likely not to try to do an impromptu extra day. However, it was a huge success, and people were asking for us to do it again in the spring. I have ideas for possible a spring or early summer thing, but right now I'm too tired to think.
We do a small 3 HOUR!! show next Friday at the Cowlitz Title Co. and then the only other thing like that I have on my list is the bread orders I bake for on December 22nd. So come Monday morning, we will back to just a nice quiet home, working on homeschool, my own handwork projects, getting those Christmas cards ready that I haven't given any thought to yet!
I'm still watching for that really great deal on the computer that I'm wanting, plus Randy definitely needs one. His is almost as old as him, at least that's what I keep telling him!
We had a nice Thanksgiving with all the family, very thankful that we are still all together. I think our family was especially thankful for the way the Lord has taken care of us as far as work goes for Randy. Being a contractor with a poor economy could be a little scary, but so far, people are still building nice new homes! So I really must say, "Thank You Lord!" I'm thankful too, that, yep, I'm going to brag again, but I am really thankful that my husband is a meticulous carpenter. I KNOW that he has work because he does good work. He never has advertised, he's not listed in the yellow pages. He gets work because people see his work. I also know why he works so hard and is conscientious. He really does want to do his best. I'm glad he works like that and that I can be proud. In our little tiny town, it would be horrible if he was a slacker and had a reputation as a sub-par contractor. He'd never ever brag to anyone else, but I know the extra touches he puts into his work. So I brag LOL! Seriously, I'm glad he's like that, even though when I frost my cardamom bread, he thinks it should be in a certain pattern down the cracks of the braid.....What??? It drives me crazy when he tells me how to frost my bread. It drives him crazy when he watches me! Well, we're a pair, like salt and pepper! Of course, I'm the salt!

5 comments:

Sparrow said...

I was wondering how everything went today. I am planning on coming to Clatskanie on Monday! I will talk to you soon.

Natalie

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

So glad everything went well. Your hubby sounds like a great guy. Nt too many people these days care about the work they do. So brag away!
Have a great week!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I finally found your blog again! Now I've got it safely in my favorites! Glad the Vintage Gathering Sale was a success, I'll bet you are tired! And so glad to hear that the troubled economy is not impacting your husband's fine work! That's great to hear.

cherry said...

Hi Karen! Glad your show went well...I would have loved it...I see so many things I would love to have! Nice to meet another fellow Oregonian! Cherry

Debra said...

Glad that show went well!& that you had a nice Thanksgiving!
I have not done any Christmas cards either!